November 17, 2011

Barney + Robin = OTP


This one's for all you How I Met Your Mother fans. Oh, and, spoiler alert ;)

I have a secret. It's a little embarrassing. And totally uncool. I am a huge...fangirl. Always have been, from the days of reading the Little House series and crushing hard on Almanzo Wilder, to classic WB and shipping Spuffy (or, Buffy and Spike, for the non-nerds).  And at the moment, the ship that most makes my heart go pitter-patter is HIMYM's Barney and Robin.  Two amazingly screwed-up people that end up being perfect for each other.

Who else jumped up and down at the end of last week's episode, Disaster Averted? I thought my dreams had come true and we would finally be certain of the identity of Barney's mystery bride in the oft-glimpsed future wedding.  I was even more thrilled by the progression of this Monday's ep, Tick, Tick, Tick. But I should have known that it was too good to be true! Seconds after seeing Barney break up with Nora, we discovered that Robin chickened out and stayed with Kevin, her therapist-turned-boyfriend. Talk about a letdown.

Still, I haven't given up hope that Barney's bride turns out to be Robin. I think it would be too cruel of the writers to lead us along like this. (Fingers crossed!)

Who are some of your OTPs (One True Pairs)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...