March 28, 2012

In the Long Run


This evening, I had the privilege of having dinner with an old friend from high school. We hadn't seen each other in over six years, so over our enchiladas and drinks, there was a lot of catching up, reminiscing, and (to be honest) gossiping. As most of us know, high school girls can be mean. Hurtful and vicious. And usually without even realizing it. But, as much as I hate agreeing with my mom, the truth is that in the long run, none of it matters. As we grow older and into the people we are meant to be, we realize that we are all human beings with hopes and purposes and pains and joys. It makes me want to wipe the slate clean and begin friendships with some of the amazing people I didn't completely appreciate when we were causing drama in the middle of Calculus.

How do you look back on your high school years?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...