April 12, 2012

National Portrait Gallery + American Art Museum

Last weekend I hopped on the Metro to Gallery Place, where I finally checked out the inside of the National Portrait Gallery and American Art Museum (formally known as the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture).
The building, once the U.S. Patent Building, has been restored in the last decade, and is a piece of art in itself. The new Kogod Courtyard, with its magnificent honeycomb ceiling, is my new spot of choice for bringing a book to read or my laptop (free wi-fi!).

You could easily spend all day exploring the three floors of galleries. I spent two hours there and didn't even touch the third floor. Some of my favorites were the Ronald Reagan exhibit and In Vibrant Color, a special collection of vintage celebrity portraits.

What have you been up to lately?

{Photos: me}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...