April 27, 2012

Rainy Days and Fridays


The cold and rain in D.C., after taking a breather today, will be back in full force this weekend. I wish the clouds would take a hike for good. The gloomy weather has had me in a gloomy mood for over a week now, making me lethargic, cranky, and just a little bit teary. Sometimes trying to force a positive attitude just doesn't cut it.

My weekend is bleakly empty, and I am almost afraid of the opportunity to be alone with my gloom. In an effort to stave off the sad, I'm planning to schlep to Zumba, lounge at a cafe with my new book and a latte (and maybe a cupcake), and indulge in a DVD marathon with a friend to prepare for the new Avengers movie. No doubt the rain will attempt to keep me mired in misery, but if my attitude isn't sunny, it won't be for lack of trying.

What are your plans this weekend? Hope you stay dry!

{Photo: Pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...