June 29, 2013

The Little Things

Despite my best efforts to be a glass-half-full kinda gal, I tend to get dragged down in the day-to-day, and I lose sight of some of the little things that bring joy into my life. 

Signing up for an uplifting, inspiring course.
Ordering a desk for my little "me" corner.
Getting a hint of sunburn from too much fun with friends.
Breaking out my violin after letting it sit in the case for far too long.
Indulging in a night on the couch in front of Hallmark Channel.
Treating myself to a new computer (the old one was going on five years!).
Biting into juicy, red cherries from the Farmers Market.
Happening upon pink peonies - my favorite - at Trader Joe's.

I sure wish I was better at appreciating them in the moment, but taking stock of these little things helps me to see everything in a whole new light.

Do you take the time to appreciate the little things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...