October 29, 2013

Saying No

I'm not, by nature, a "joiner". Being an introvert, and afraid of the unknown, I've tended to opt out a lot of things...and regret it later. Case in point: auditioning for any sort of play/musical in high school. I always wanted to, never did, and still regret it to this day. Being a little older and wiser now, I try to step outside of my shy instincts and push my boundaries. 

Joining Find Your Passion Work this year is a great example of that - I was extremely nervous about joining a small group of ladies and putting it all out there, but it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I enjoyed the group so much that I looked forward to the day when Molly announced next year's Elevate Mastermind, so that I could excitedly fill out my application. But when the time came, something in my gut was holding me back. And this was different from being shy or nervous. Somehow, I knew that this isn't the right time for me. I have more doing, more growing to do before I can fully take advantage of something like Elevate. And I was fully secure in my decision...until I found out one my close friends was doing it. That's when one of my biggest fears started tickling at me: being left out.

I hate feeling left out. It's a weakness of mine, and one that makes me feel very silly most of the time. Despite my best efforts, I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on something huge if my friends go out to lunch without me, or if a few coworkers are chatting in someone else's office. Does anyone else get like this? I feel very ridiculous, yet I can't quell the feeling. I'm working on it, okay?

I'm sticking with my instincts and sitting out this year's Elevate, but there are still a few spots left. Check it out to see if it's for you!

xoxo
Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...